- This blog is built on the assumption that privilege actually exists (in its various forms) and that whether a person has certain privileges will affect the way that s/he encounters other people and society at large.
- I'm no expert at social studies; I can't speak to the experience of oppressed/marginalized people; thus I'm only writing about my own experiences and the ways that I've seen privilege play a role in them.
- I'm not against people; I'm against privilege. I don't advocate or condone violence against anyone, including people with privilege.
- Race is a complicated topic and I have a peculiar manner about addressing it. I believe there are privileges linked both to skin color and cultural heritage - I will try to make it clear of which I speak in any given instance.
- There's nothing funny about oppression and I have no intents to make light of privilege. But I will definitely use this blog to post videos and/or quotes of contemporary comedians who have something to say about either.
- I recognize that blogging is itself a privilege.
More to come! This post will be updated intermittently as I think of worthwhile disclaimers that will apply generally to my writing on this blog.
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.